The Research and Training Institute’s 2019 Year in Review
To cap off a productive 2019, the RTI looks back at highlights from the past year. Many exciting things happened for the RTI in 2019 including the addition of new staff members to our wonderful team and settling into our new permanent home in Old City, Philadelphia. The team also remains committed to conducting psychosocial and behavioral research through survey development, scale validation, and patient-centered market research projects so that we can continue to inform the services and support that the Cancer Support Community provides to cancer patients, caregivers, and their families. Read on to see some of the milestones and highlights from the past year!
- The RTI has a new address! We are now located at 520 Walnut Street in Philadelphia, PA. Please stop by and visit if you are ever in the area!
- We are excited that a new specialty registry was added to the Cancer Experience Registry ® for patients and survivors of Liver Cancer
- The RTI has expanded our patient-centered research work to offer advisory boards and market research that elevates the patient voice
- Heather Badt, MBA, LSS, joined the RTI as its new Executive Director
- Alyssa Jaisle, PhD, was hired as the Director of Market Research
- Brandy DeRosa, PhD, was hired as a Research Director
- Jemeille Ackourey, MPH, was hired as a Research Fellow (our first cohort of Research Fellows)
- Laura Briggs, PhD, joined the RTI as a Research Fellow (our first cohort of Research Fellows)
- We have continued to expand our intern program and hired eight interns for training in research, outreach, development, business administration, and market research throughout the year
- 2019 saw 5 manuscripts accepted for publication
- The RTI also has 3 further manuscripts under review
- Senior Director of Research, Alexandra Zaleta, PhD, co-authored a book chapter that talked about CSC’s many caregiver offerings that was featured in ‘Cancer Caregivers’
- 18 abstracts were submitted and accepted to various national and international conferences throughout 2019
- Conference planning for 2020 and beyond is underway
We are so excited about the growth at the RTI and cannot wait to see what is in store for 2020!
To contact the RTI or get involved with research, email email@example.com
Share Your Experience
At the Cancer Support Community, innovative patient-focused research is at the heart of what we do. We can’t accomplish this without insight from those impacted by cancer, and that is why we ask patients, survivors, and caregivers to share their stories by participating in the Cancer Experience Registry®, a free, confidential survey that is open to anyone who has been diagnosed with cancer or provides care to someone with cancer.