Donate Your Car & Other Vehicles
With a clear title, you can donate your car, boat, motorcycle, truck or other vehicle. Our vehicle donation program will do everything including pick-up.
Many companies offer giving programs (e.g., United Way) that make giving easy. Please check with your company for information on how to designate CSC as your charity of choice.
Consider designating a donor advised gift to CSC. Please call 202-650-5386 for more details.
Federal employees can contribute to CSC directly through the CFC Campaign. Simply enter our CFC campaign #11674 on your pledge card during your fund drive and return it to your campaign coordinator.
Did you know that your gift to the Cancer Support Community could be matched dollar for dollar by your employer? Many employers sponsor matching gift programs to encourage philanthropy among their employees and will match any charitable contributions or volunteer hours made by their employees, retirees and/or employees’ spouses.
Corporate matching gifts are a great way for Cancer Support Community donors to maximize personal contributions to the organization and increase the impact of their gift. By taking advantage of a company’s matching gift benefit, you may be able to double or even triple the amount of a contribution. Contributions of any amount help us.
How do I get my gift matched?
- Check to see if your employer is listed. View list
- If you do not find your employer listed, please check with your company’s Human Resources department to see if your company offers a matching gift program.
- If your company does not offer a matching gift program, we urge you to inquire through your company’s HR department about starting a matching gifts program.
Each company has its own guidelines for employees, spouses, retirees, and even widows/widowers. If your employer offers this program, your Human Resources department should provide you with information and instructions to complete a Matching Gifts request. Some companies have an online portal and others will give you a form to fill out and send to the receiving organization. Completed forms should be mailed with your personal gift to:
Cancer Support Community
Attn: Matching Gifts
734 15th Street, NW Suite 300
Washington, DC 20005
For additional information about Matching Gifts, please email: email@example.com
Gifts of Stock
If you own stock or a mutual fund that has appreciated in price since you purchased it, consider using that asset for your charitable giving. You will get an income tax deduction for the full market value of donated securities that you have owned more than one year and you will avoid the capital gains tax on the appreciated value.
To transfer securities to CSC, your broker needs the following instructions to electronically transfer your stock to CSC:
CSC Federal Tax ID: 95-4163931
Broker: Wells Fargo Advisors
Asst. Vice President
Phone: (202) 861-4474
- To take advantage of the tax benefits of gifting stock, your shares should not be sold but rather transferred to the Cancer Support Community.
- Please instruct your broker to include your name and address. Some brokers will not send this information unless instructed.
- Please notify us of your donation so we can identify your gift in our brokerage account. You can call us or email us at 202-650-5386 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.