Pear and Blueberry Crumble
This crumble is made with healthy ingredients that are delicious and perfect for a seasonal cookout. Unlike most desserts, this crumble provides a good source of fiber. Use any fresh or frozen fruit you have to make this simple and delightful dessert.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
4 pears, thinly sliced
2 cup blueberries
1 Tbsp pure maple syrup
2 tsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp whole wheat flour
2 Tbsp ground flaxseeds
½ cup old fashioned oats
½ cup almonds, thinly chopped
¼ cup brown sugar
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Mix fruit, maple syrup, and lemon juice in a bowl.
3. Grease an 8x8 dish and add fruit mixture.
4. In a separate bowl, combine flour, flaxseeds, oats, almonds, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
5. Add butter and mix with your hands or wooden spoon until butter is combined with dry ingredients.
6. Top fruit with oat mixture.
7. Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes, until top is lightly browned.
Per serving: 220 calories, 10 grams fat, 4 grams saturated fat, 15 mg cholesterol, 4 mg sodium, 32 grams carbohydrate, 6 grams dietary fiber, 3 grams protein