Institute for Excellence in Psychosocial Care
About the Institute for Excellence in Psychosocial Care
The Institute for Excellence in Psychosocial Care (IEPC) represents a key component of the direct service arm of CSC. As the largest professionally led nonprofit network of cancer support worldwide, this global network of 175 locations, including CSC and Gilda's Club centers, their satellite and outreach locations and health-care partnerships, deliver free emotional and social support services to patients and families. In addition, CSC administers a toll-free helpline that offers support, navigation and referral as well as a digital on-line community for discussions, interaction and support.
At CSC we firmly believe, and evidence confirms that psychosocial care should be integrated as a vital component of cancer care. As the incidence of cancer continues to grow, there is a demand for local, regional and national support for all those impacted by cancer.
Our Core Program Components
- Individual and Group Support
- Healthy Lifestyles
- Socialization and Networking
- Resources, Referrals, and Navigation
The mission of CSC and IEPC is to diminish distress and anxiety by focusing on empowerment, knowledge, and community. Patients, families, and caregivers can access our direct services in-person, on-line, and through the phone or live-chat.
Our Key Services
- Cancer patient and caregiver distress screening and psychosocial support
- Treatment decision support
- Cancer Transitions-Survivorship education
- Kid Support
- Teen and Young Adult Support
- Group and Individual Counseling for patients, caregivers, families
- Frankly Speaking About Cancer- award-winning workshops and educational content