When you or a loved one has cancer, you are focused on the disease, treatment, and doctors. Many people forget to ask questions that can help them to manage the costs associated with facing cancer—important questions like “How much will this cost?” and “How can I manage the costs?”
The Cancer Support Community (CSC) has prepared this helpful booklet to help you understand the financial aspects of a cancer diagnosis. There will be many physicians and health centers involved in your care. While they will work together for you, they each will bill you separately. It can get confusing.
We hope that this booklet will help you learn more about your options, know what questions to ask, and take control of your treatment and costs.
The booklet topics include:
- Terms You Should Know
- Insurance Issues
- Questions to Help You Lower Costs of Care
- Other Resources for Patients Related to Costs of Cancer Care and Support
- Asking for Help
- Common Medical Costs
- Practical Tips to Help You Lower Cost of Care
- Help with the Cost of Special Cancer Drugs
- Patient Assistant Programs and Resources
- Cancer Support Community Resources