Please note that this study is full and we are no longer accepting applicants. For help finding mental health support, contact the Cancer Support Helpline.
The impact of cancer and its treatment is undeniably stressful.
About the Program
CSC and the Meru Health Program have joined forces to bring its 12-week, app-based mental health program to cancer patients — for free. Through the program, which is designed for cancer patients with anxiety or depression, participants learn behavioral and mindfulness techniques that can be practiced at their own pace.
Weekly topics include:
- Mind on Autopilot
- The Negativity Bias
- Mood and Motivation
- Sleep Smarter
- Worries and Thinking Traps
- Difficult Emotions
- Exploring Values
- Boundaries and Relationships
- Resilience Toolkit
Features of the program include:
- Access to the Meru Health mobile app anytime, anywhere
- Care navigation and seamless referral back to CSC or Gilda’s Club
- Biofeedback (heart rate variability) monitoring for real time updates
- In-app text support with a dedicated therapist
- Weekly themed lessons and practices focused on tackling mental health challenges
- Access to an anonymous peer support group
What are the requirements to participate?
Eligibility criteria include:
- Having a cancer diagnosis and currently receiving cancer treatment, such as chemotherapy, radiation, or immunotherapy.
- Being 18 years or older.
- Being able to read, write, and speak in English.
- Residing in certain U.S. states.
- Having a smartphone (Apple or Android) and internet access.
- Meeting criteria for anxiety or depression symptoms.
Is there compensation?
Participants who complete the program and corresponding surveys are eligible to receive Visa gift cards by mail or email. Participants will also be given the opportunity to participate in a short interview after the program ends, after which they will receive an additional Visa gift card.
How do I join?
This study is complete and we are not currently accepting new participants.
If you currently need support, contact our Cancer Support Helpline. Our trained professionals can be reached toll-free at 888-793-9355 or via our live web chat service. Our Helpline is available to connect you to local resources and help you find mental health support.
Whether you’re a patient or a family member, friend, loved one, or caregiver, the Cancer Support Community offers a variety of professionally led programs designed to assist you. We have 190 locations worldwide, with programs that include support groups, yoga classes, and educational workshops. We provide something for every age group and life situation. Best of all, our programs are offered at no cost to anyone impacted by a cancer diagnosis.