In light of the worldwide efforts to limit the spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), it’s normal to feel isolated. The Cancer Support Community wants to remind you that you are not alone. We are in this together.
CSC and Gilda’s Club locations near you continue to provide support and services. They offer support groups, navigation, resource referrals, and education by phone and online.
Below are some resources and support for those affected by cancer.
Chat With Our Helpline
The Cancer Support Helpline offers free navigation for cancer patients and their loved ones. All Helpline services are provided in English and Spanish.
Collective Action for Solutions
The COVID-19 and Cancer Coalition is a group of over 30 key oncology thought leaders and stakeholders. The coalition is working to understand the current and ongoing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the lives of people impacted by cancer and develop evidence-based solutions in response.
An Inspirational Message from Dr. Jill Biden
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak, we have have taken swift action to ensure patients and caregivers have access to our support and navigation services through digital channels and our toll-free Helpline. We are also fortunate to have many…
Helpful Information for Patients and Caregivers
Frankly Speaking About Cancer Podcasts:
Other CSC Resources
COVID-19 Vaccines: What You Need to Know
PODCAST: Experts tell us how they work, what the FDA approval process looks like, and what it means for cancer patients and their caregivers.
Where can you get more information about COVID-19?
The CDC is a great place to stay up to date. Learn about the virus, prevention, testing, and the current status across the U.S. The CDC has issued Guidance Documents to keep people and communities safe.
Patient advocacy organizations and medical groups have created cancer-specific information:
- American Cancer Society answers questions about COVID-19.
- FDA Oncology Center of Excellence has a message to patients with cancer about ways they are helping.
- National Cancer Institute has a web page about cancer patients and COVID-19.
- American Society of Clinical Oncology has resources for those who work in cancer fields. They include Medicare policy changes, state and private insurance policies, clinical care management, and clinical trials.
- Cancer.net has an article on what people with cancer need to know about COVID-19.
- Triage Cancer has blog posts about practical and legal issues for those living with cancer.
The Cancer Support Community provides this information as a service. It does not take the place of medical or legal care or the advice of your doctor. Talk to your doctor or other health care professionals to answer your questions and learn more. Please follow the guidance of state and federal health officials.