Corporate Support Policy
The mission of the Cancer Support Community (CSC) is to ensure that all people impacted by cancer are empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action and sustained by community. As the largest, professionally-led, nonprofit network of cancer support worldwide, CSC delivers a comprehensive menu of personalized and essential services, at no charge, to anyone diagnosed with any cancer and to his/her loved ones.
To ensure that such programs and services are available to those in need, the Cancer Support Community often partners with corporations, foundations and/or community groups (our “corporate partners”) on the design, development and/or implementation of special events, programs, research studies and educational initiatives. In order to avoid conflicts of interest or the appearance thereof, CSC has developed the following policy to guide and clearly define such organizational relationships:
- Funding from our corporate partners (grants, sponsorships or fee-for-service contracts) supports programs, research studies, educational initiatives and advocacy activities. While we welcome input from our corporate partners, CSC maintains total independence and has ultimate authority over program design, development, content, speaker selection and/or policy positions.
- Any selected or recommended speakers will be required to disclose any relationship with corporate partners.
- CSC does not endorse any medical product, treatment protocol or medical service, nor does it provide treatment advice to patients.
- CSC does not link from its website to any product-specific websites.
- Every effort will be made to ensure that all information presented in written or online materials and that programs will be presented in a fair and balanced manner.
- Any corporate partner wishing to use CSC name, insignia, logotype or to reference CSC or any CSC project in any public relations, marketing or promotional materials or activities, must first seek the prior review and written approval of CSC.
- CSC will not, under any circumstances, accept contributions from corporations contingent upon any public policy position and/or public policy activity. The CSC maintains total independence and ultimate authority over its policy-making activities without regard to any corporate partnership.
- CSC reserves the right to sever any corporate partnership with, and return contributions from, any entity that participates in public policy activities that CSC finds offensive or that are in significant conflict with CSC’s public policy activities and/or positions.
- CSC reserves the right to approve the participation of third parties that may be recommended by its corporate partners for involvement in any program, project or event.
- CSC does not enter into exclusive corporate partnerships in connection with any topic area or cancer type.
- CSC does not sell or otherwise provide its mailing list to any corporate partners.
- All materials and programs developed by CSC are the sole property of CSC, must carry CSC copyright or trademark, and as such, cannot be changed, modified or duplicated without prior written permission from CSC.
CSC’s Board of Directors reserves the right to amend this policy at will and without prior notice. The granting of financial support to CSC signifies agreement with all terms of this policy.