Teens Talking to Teens
It’s hard finding out that you or someone you care about has cancer. You may be shocked, afraid, confused, sad, and feel like no one in the world can possibly understand what you are going through. Whatever you are feeling is normal and there is a whole community here to support you.
Here are a couple things to remember:
- There are other teens going through the same experience – Remember, you are not alone. Whether you are a teenager facing cancer in your family, you have a friend with cancer or you have cancer yourself, connecting with other teens like you can help.
- You did not cause the cancer – There is nothing you did or didn't do that can cause another person's cancer.
About Group Loop
Are you a teen who is currently living with cancer, a survivor of cancer, or do you know someone with cancer, such as a family member, friend or peer? Have you ever wanted to connect with teens who are also affected by cancer? Well, if you answered yes to both of these questions then you’ve come to the right place!
Group Loop is a safe (and fun!) online community where teens affected by cancer can meet and connect with each other to build social and emotional support, and to regain a sense of control over their lives. Additionally, Group Loop provides educational information about cancer, and tools to cope with the anticipated changes in relationships and day-to-day activities due to a cancer diagnosis. Plus, it’s free to use!
How Can I Use Group Loop?
There are a variety of ways to meet other teens on Group Loop. Get connected through:
- 24-hour a day live discussion boards
- Instant Messenger
- Your very own video journal
- Your personal blog
- Access to other teens who can either become your “Friends” (people you can email) or “Buddies” (people who are only on your wall)
- So don’t wait – join today and get connected to our online community of tons of other teens just like you!