The Cancer Support Community in partnership with the Association of Community Cancer Centers, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, The International Myeloma Foundation, and the Tallahassee Memorial Cancer Center hosted an interactive webinar, The Ins and Outs of Oral Therapy: What You Need to Know to Ensure Access on December 9, 2014.
One significant advancement of the future in cancer treatment is oral chemotherapies, which for untold numbers of patients are often too expensive to afford due to outdated health insurance benefit models. Thirty-four states and the District of Columbia have passed laws to limit what patients pay for these new, lifesaving drugs. This webinar gives an overview of the current reality expressed by people currently living with cancer, the implications of the lack of affordability for patients, ways in which new laws will help patients around the country access the most effective therapy to treat their cancer and ways in which everyone can become a part of a solution for access.
The program featured the following speakers:
- Zina Cary, Principal, Cary Collaborative Strategies
- Linda House, Executive Vice President, Cancer Support Community (CSC)
- Marialanna Lee, Director, Government Affairs, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS)
- Matt Sherer, Oncology Service Line Administrator, Tallahassee Memorial Cancer Center & Association of Community Cancer Centers (ACCC)
- Taylor Patton, Advocacy Associate, International Myeloma Foundation (IMF)
This program is made possible thanks to a charitable grant from Celgene and Millennium: The Takeda Oncology Company.