For our 35th anniversary year, as part of our Fall Cancer Awareness campaign, the Cancer Support Community would like to highlight how you can support someone with cancer so that you or your loved ones can feel “sustained by community.”
The Cancer Support Community is a network of 170 locations worldwide, including 47 licensed affiliates and healthcare partnerships. It is these locations that ensure that no one, no matter where they live, goes through cancer alone.
These affiliates work hard to create a community of people in their area who can come together for resources, information, and support in their cancer journeys. From support groups to free yoga classes, these organizations offer opportunities for cancer patients and their loved ones to find the help they need.
Look for an affiliate near you to see what types of programs and activities are happening in your area. Here are some of the events going on through CSC affiliates nationwide throughout November:
- November 9, 12:00pm: Frankly Speaking About: Clinical Trials-- Cancer Support Community of the Greater Lehigh Valley
- November 10, 6:00-9:00pm: Ultimate Wine Experience— Cancer Support Community Delaware
- November 10, 2:00pm: Bollywood Dance—Cancer Support Community North Texas
- November 11, 3:00-5:00pm: Kids Support Group-- Cancer Support Community Massachusetts South Shore
- November 12, 9:00am: 5th Annual Gilda’s Stairclimb-- Gilda’s Club Westchester
- November 13, 10:00-11:00am: Build a Better Breakfast at Newark Beth Israel Medical Center-- RWJ Barnabas Health
- November 14, 7:46-8:30pm: Fall Flower Bouquets – Cancer Support Community New Jersey
- November 14, 6:30-8:00pm: John Lennon Real Love Project: A Songwriting Workshop—Gilda’s Club New York City
- November 15, 3:00-4:30pm: DIY Essential Oils: Make and Take Workshop—Holy Name Medical Center
- November 17, 10:00-11:00am: Restorative Yoga— Cancer Support Community Massachusetts South Shore
- November 17, 1:00pm: Tai Chi Basic—Cancer Support Community Ohio
- November 17: Teen Pajama Jam—Cancer Support Community Arizona
- November 19, 2:00-5:00pm: Catwalk for a Cause—Cancer Support Community Delaware
- November 21, 12:00pm: NIA Dance – Cancer Support Community Ohio
- November 22, 10:30am-12:30pm: Self-Care Seminar—Cancer Support Community Massachusetts South Shore
- November 29, 12:00-3:00pm: Intro to Sewing and Quilting—Gilda’s Club Rochester
- November 15, 5:00-7:00pm: Turkey B-I-N-G-O—Gilda’s Club in Warminster
- November 16, 6:30pm: Holiday Card Making— Cancer Support Community of the Greater Lehigh Valley
- November 29, 11:00am-1:00pm: Glass Mosaic Sun Catchers – Cancer Support Community Cincinnati
We hope you can utilize an affiliate near you, but if you can’t attend, make sure to call our Cancer Support Helpline where trained associates can provide you with any information you need during a cancer journey.