Are you a cancer patient or survivor who has used or is currently using an immunotherapy treatment?
Are you or have you been a caregiver of someone who used or is using an immunotherapy treatment?
If you answered yes to either of the questions above, the Cancer Support Community invites you to apply to be a volunteer at our two-day Immunotherapy Patient & Caregiver Summit in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania the weekend of November 5th and 6th.
CSC is looking for patients and caregivers to volunteer their time to improve educational and decision-making tools for cancer patients and their caregivers who are facing immunotherapy treatment. The Cancer Support Community will cover the cost of travel, meals, and lodging for participants.
Participants will be asked to:
- Travel to Philadelphia, PA so you are available to participate in the conference between 9:30am Saturday, November 5th and 3:30pm Sunday, November 6th
- Give feedback on current patient & caregiver education programs as well as suggestions on additional education & patient-provider communication that immunotherapy patients need
- Share your stories and experiences of how you made the decision to receive an immunotherapy treatment.
- Consider sharing parts of your stories and experiences with future patients via video, photographs and/or writing
CSC will provide:
- Reimbursement for the cost of travel, meals & lodging that fit within CSC's travel policy
- The opportunity to meet with a diverse group of cancer patients and caregivers
- An overview of advances in immunotherapy treatments
- Self-Advocacy and Cancer Patient Advocacy training
Minorities, people who are uninsured or underinsured, people living in rural areas, younger cancer survivors and caregivers, and people with limited incomes are encouraged to apply.
For more information, contact Chelsea at cjohnson@CancerSupportCommunity.org or 202-650-5373.