||Help you feel more rested and energetic
- Exercise for small periods of time, several times a day instead of one extended period.
- If possible, start an exercise program prior to starting treatment so it will be easier to stick to your routine when you start to feel the fatigue from treatment.
||Prevent the loss of muscle mass
- Aim to perform resistance training exercises twice a week (discuss with doctor first).
- Vary the number of repetitions of each exercise and increase as you get stronger.
||Help maintain or lose weight
- Aim for several sessions of cardio activity each week.
- Change the length and type of exercise in order to keep your metabolism going.
||Improve your sleep
- Make sure you do not exercise directly prior to bedtime, as it will make falling asleep more difficult. Give yourself at minimum 2 hours between exercise and sleep.
- Incorporate whole body exercises into your regimen. Exerting more energy during the day will most likely help you sleep.