Welcome to the Cancer Support Community (CSC). Our mission is to ensure that all people impacted by cancer are empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action, and sustained by community.
Through CSC, all people affected by cancer and their families can access free support groups, educational materials and workshops exploring cancer-related topics - right here in the Washington DC area. CSC is proud to offer the following programs and services to empower, strengthen and sustain you throughout your cancer journey:
- Support Groups – Meet others going through a similar experience and connect by sharing thoughts, feelings and information around cancer-related issues. Groups are available for people living with cancer as well as for people supporting a family member or friend with cancer. All CSC support groups are led by licensed mental health professionals and are available free of charge. CSC co-sponsors face-to-face support groups with The George Washington University. Upcoming Programs are listed below.
- Educational Workshops – Attend presentations on various cancer types and topics related to cancer, while learning from and asking questions of a medical oncologist or oncology nurse. People living with cancer and their friends and family members are welcome to attend. CSC has partnered with The George Washington University and Washington Hospital, Washington Cancer Institute to host patient educational workshops. Upcoming programs are listed below.
Connect with others in the DC area and across the globe to access information and support.
Over the Phone
- Online Support Groups - Professionally-led support groups, held each week at the same time in a secure online chat room where you can share your experiences and find support
- Discussion Boards - Connect with others anytime in online discussions on cancer-related topics
- MyCancerManager ™ - Download our mobile app for iPhone and iPod Touch and access a network of support anytime, anywhere
Facing a cancer treatment decision? We can help. The Cancer Support Community and its network of affiliates have offered support, education and hope to people impacted by cancer for nearly 30 years. Now, Open to Options™, helps you identify important questions about your treatment options based upon your personal needs. Call (888)793-9355 to schedule an appointment for this FREE service.
- Booklets from our acclaimed educational series, Frankly Speaking About Cancer, are available at no cost. A sample of titles includes:
"Take Control of Side Effects with Medicine, Mind and Body"
"When A Woman You Care About Has Breast Cancer"
"Coping with the Cost of Care"
- Browse our online catalogue to view a complete list of booklets and place your order online
To learn more about CSC's free support programs and services in the DC area, please call 888-793-9355 or email email@example.com.