Cancer may bring on particular kinds of stress as you learn more about your diagnosis, make decisions about your treatments, and experience side effects from the disease as well as from treatment. New concerns may pop up as you go through your experience. Don’t worry; take some time to identify the sources of stress and develop some strategies to help manage stress. This will allow you to reduce stressors in your life and prevent them from impacting your physical and emotional wellbeing
Some Tips to Manage Stress
- Schedule a time in the day for leisure, relaxation, or to take a break from your stress.
- Eat well and get plenty of sleep to give you energy to deal with your daily stressors.
- Incorporate exercise into your routine; regular exercise lowers stress levels.
- Use a daily planner, calendar, or to do lists to help you stay organized and not over pack your day.
- Concentrate your energy and efforts on things that you can control.
- Learn to be or remain flexible when surprises or changes occur in your day.
- Break down tasks into smaller steps so that they do not seem overwhelming to handle.
- Prioritize your tasks so that you can approach tasks of importance first if you don’t have enough time.
- Ask for help ; many people around you want to help.