Cancer Support Community (CSC) is pleased to launch a new and exciting program called Frankly Speaking About Cancer: Living Healthy with Cancer. This innovative program provides vital information and tips on nutrition, exercise, psychosocial support, and medical management for cancer patients. Getting a cancer diagnosis and going through treatment is tough as it is. Cancer Support Community hopes that this will be a valuable resource to the community as it conveniently brings together information on different areas of one’s life to provide empowerment for maintaining a healthy lifestyle through active treatment. This program includes:
- CDC recommendations about immunizations
- Benefits, tips, and considerations of exercise when going through treatment
- Healthy ways to cope with your emotions and stress
- Nutrition and ways to manage eating healthy while dealing with side effects of cancer treatment
- How to make the most out of your medical appointments
- Ways to manage side effects of treatment and your medication
- Guidance on working with the healthcare team
Besides the website content you’ll find here, Living Healthy with Cancer information is presented seamlessly through a medically reviewed fact-sheet
, radio shows
with expert speakers on the topic, as well as a radio media tour.
With our collaboration with Bright Pink
, Cancer Legal Resource Center
, Facing Our Risk of Cancer Empowered
, Fight Colorectal Cancer
, Lung Cancer Alliance
, Ovarian Cancer National Alliance
, Patient Advocate Foundation
, and Young Survival Coalition
, CSC hopes that Frankly Speaking About Cancer: Living Healthy with Cancer will be a useful educational resource that will increase awareness of general health habits and benefit those affected by cancer.
This program was made possible through the generous support of Pfizer Inc.