The Cancer Support Community (CSC) is proud to partner with the Entertainment Industry Foundation (EIF) and Lee Jeans in support of Lee National Denim Day, a national fundraising event taking place on October 8, 2010. Now in its 15th year, Denim Day has raised more than $80 million for breast cancer research and support, by simply asking people to donate $5 and wear their favorite pair of jeans.
CSC asks that you join us in celebrating Denim Day this year, by registering a team (your company, school, neighborhood, or a group of friends and family) to participate. Participation is easy:
1. Register your team online at www.denimday.com
2. Recruit Teammates
3. Wear your favorite jeans, get ready to celebrate, and collect donations on October 8th!
Don't want to start your own team? Join CSC's HQ team here!
Even though the ‘official’ Denim Day is October 8th, you are welcome to celebrate on any day in October. Some companies that already observe casual Fridays choose to host their Denim Day on a Thursday, or a Monday. Other groups, companies or schools that never permit casual dress encourage participants to wear something pink, in honor or memory of a loved one with breast cancer.
Here are some other ways you can celebrate:
- Host a Pink Cocktail Party in your home: Put on your favorite “going out” jeans and play bartender for your friends. Serve pink cocktails for a $5 donation.
- Bag Lunch Party: Encourage co-workers to give up a “lunch out” for one day so they have an extra $5 to donate.
- Friday Night Denim: If your high school football team has a home game in October, ask fans to wear denim to one game and donate $5 to the fight against breast cancer.
- Vacation Raffle: See if your employer will donate a few extra vacation hours to a Denim Day raffle. Sell $5 tickets to co-workers and have a drawing on Denim Day!
- Pink Mani/Pedi Party: Buy a variety of pink nail polishes and manicure supplies and invite friends over for a painting party. Ask for a $5 donation from each partygoer.
- Pink Pancake Breakfast: With a small drop of red food dye, you can turn a regular breakfast into a pink pancake breakfast! Ask guests to donate $10 for entry, or $5 if they are wearing denim
As you can see, there are many ways to get involved. A portion of funds raised this year will support CSC headquarters and our affiliates across the country, so register a team today at www.denimday.com and join us in this fun, easy way to contribute to the fight against breast cancer!
If you are interested in participating and would like more information, please contact Regan Hiatt, Manager, Communications & Special Initiatives, at email@example.com.